City of Salem workers received a significant arbitration decision today that holds their employer responsible for violating their seniority in 2018 and 19.

Displaced by wildfires?

Here's what you need to know about voting.

  • Displaced people have until October 13th to decide where they want their ballot sent.

On Thursday, August 6th, the Oregon Supreme Court released their ruling on the lawsuit challenging SB 1049, the legislation passed that diverts a percentage of money that goes into members’ IAP accounts.

This unanimous decision, while disappointing, is narrow in scope, and affirms the previous ruling that the legislature cannot make changes to benefits you have already earned. It also clarifies that the legislature can make changes to benefits not yet earned.

AFSCME has many public-sector and non-profit members working to complete this complex program. Leigh McIlvaine, an Oregon AFSCME member working for the Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development worked for a non-profit for over ten years, and recently transitioned to public employment, both of which qualify for student loan forgiveness.

For those interested in the process Leigh gives her insight and experience in the below interview: 

As you may have noticed, the Governor sent an email on May 12th about the upcoming state budget, where she asked all General Fund agencies to submit plans to reach an 8.5% budget cut for the current 2019-21 biennium. Because the cuts are targeted for the second half of the biennium, this 8.5% over the total biennium reduction is more like a 17% reduction.

These proposed cuts are an exercise and by no means anything close to final. The legislature will have a special session in June to debate these budget cuts before any cuts occur.

As we sign letters of agreement with additional employers we will update this page.

We need five minutes from you to support our union childcare providers
Our childcare providers are unable to plan for their futures

Currently, there is no clear path forward after April 28th. The lack of communication from the Governor on critical issues is putting providers, their families and the families they serve at risk. We have asked, but not received, a response from the Governor’s office and we need your help to prevent the collapse of Family Child Care programs around the state. 

Employees say county not taking pandemic seriously
By Nicole Montesano, Yamhill News-Register, April 6, 2020

Yamhill County officials are not taking the COVID-19 pandemic seriously and are making work-from-home requirements difficult and punitive, unlike neighboring Oregon counties facing the same challenges, several employees told the News-Register.